DNOW UK Ltd is committed to policies regarding Environmental best practice and has developed specific procedures and processes that relate directly to the facility operations, legislation and conditions that apply. This includes maintaining registration to the ISO 14001 International Environmental Standard and seeking to improve / reduce the environmental impact that the site and its’ operations make on their locality.
Specifically, DNOW UK Ltd will seek to ensure that:
• Compliance is achieved and maintained with respect to all UK and European legislation as it applies to the company.
• The Environmental Action Plan, derived from the Significant Aspects analysis will be implemented to maintain and then reduce the overall (environmental) impact of the facility.
• The Environmental Management System (EMS) will be regularly audited and then reviewed by the senior management team to ensure compliance with both corporate requirements and the stipulations of the ISO 14001 standard.
• All employees shall be trained with regards to the importance and compliance with Environmental requirements and furthermore shall be given the chance to raise any issues regarding the upkeep and improvement of the EMS (Environmental Management System).
At a senior management level, we regularly review our environmental objectives and targets which focus on limiting the impact of our significant environmental aspects, including:
1. To operate the business and ensure compliance with ISO 14001
2. Minimising waste through careful and efficient use of all material and energy
3. Full awareness of the business risks and opportunities and consideration of the potential effects (positive and negative) of these
4. Understanding the environmental impact of our fleet and business travel requirements
Our approach to environmental management demonstrates our commitment to continually improve our performance which has a positive impact upon our employees, clients and wider stakeholders.
The EMS shall operate as a part of a Combined Management System (CMS)
Mark Bruce, DNOW Area Director Europe & MacLean Electrical, May 2018