Health and Safety Policy
The Health, Safety and Security of DNOW UK Ltd employees, contractors and those who may be affected by our operations are an integral part of our business. The goal of DNOW UK Ltd is zero harm to people and the environment. We endeavour to create a culture where DNOW UK Ltd believe it is possible to work safely, without injury, illness or polluting the environment regardless of where they work or the task that they undertake.
The Health and Safety Management System has been established to meet the requirements of OHSAS 18001:2007 and the terms of Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
DNOW UK Ltd regard the promotion of health and safety measures as a mutual objective for the company and its employees at all levels. It is the duty of all employees to conform to the company Health and Safety Policy and accept and carry out their responsibilities.
The organisation is committed to meeting the requirements of the standard by:
We regularly review working practices including the general working environment and individual work stations to ensure that the best possible practices are adhered to or adopted
• Health and Safety guidance is given to all new employees upon joining and regular refresher updating sessions are held for existing employees.
• All employees are responsible and obliged to take reasonable care for your own safety and for the safety of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions and to co-operate fully with us in the arrangements made in relation to all Health and Safety matters.
We will appoint a person with the responsibility as the company HSE Officer to ensure that we are aware of and fully comply with our responsibilities under Health and Safety law. All accidents and near misses irrespective of triviality must be reported to the HSE Officer who will ensure that all necessary action and preventative measures are introduced.
So far as reasonably practicable we aim to achieve the following:
• Premises heated to the minimum temperature required by law.
• Safe equipment and systems.
• Safe methods of handling, storage and transport of goods.
• Provide employees with information, instructions and training.
• Provide a safe working environment.
DNOW UK Ltd encourage involvement and adopt best practice in a culture where employees and managers are aware of their individual health, safety, security and environmental responsibilities.
Mark Bruce, DNOW Area Director Europe & MacLean Electrical, May 2018